Equity release for holidays
Most of us work extremely hard throughout our lives with a view to being financially secure and confortable in our retirement. Sadly; poor interest rates, the rising cost of living and pension shortfalls mean that some of us struggle to pay for simple pleasures such as holidays in our later years. If you own your own home, or have just a small mortgage, then equity release could provide you with the perfect solution to fund the retirement you deserve.
Equity release allows you to free capital locked away in your property. The most common equity release plan in the UK is the Lifetime Mortgage. With a Lifetime Mortgage you can release either a large lump sum or smaller installments of cash up to an agreed value. The huge advantage of this type of borrowing is that you usually do not have to make any kind of repayments until after the property is sold and you can continue to live in your home for as long as you wish.
Thousands of people throughout the UK have used equity release to help them follow their retirement dreams. Below are some of the amazing adventures that releasing money from your home could enable you to take:
- A Caribbean Cruise – can you imagine yourself sailing aboard a luxury ship, travelling the world and visiting islands of unparalleled beauty? Taking a cruise consistently features in top 10 lists of retirement dream holidays.
- An African Safari – if your passion is big cats and wild creatures then you could use the capital locked away in your home to fund the ultimate safari adventure and see some of the world’s most beautiful and majestic animals in their natural habitat.
- Set sail around the Galápagos Islands – if you have always dreamed of seeing seals, dolphins and penguins in the wild then this could be a perfect retirement trip for you.
- Soak up the winter sun in Australia – winter can be bitterly cold in the UK so why not spoil yourself with a tour of Australia? See the Sydney opera house, meet the incredible wildlife and explore the unspoiled outback well your friends and family freeze back at home!
- Wine tasting in Napa Valley – if you have always dreamed of enjoying a luxury holiday full of great food and great wine then few places can compare to California’s Napa Valley. With beautiful countryside and fantastic weather this truly could be a holiday of a lifetime.
- One big trip or many mini breaks? If you have always planned to travel in your retirement then you may not want to limit yourself to one big holiday. Many of our clients choose to spend the equity released from their properties on taking a number of shorter breaks or use the money to buy a caravan or motor home to enable them to continue to travel for years to come.
- Reunions – Many people have family and friends dotted around the world but the expense of travel means that they are rarely able to see each other in person. If you have a brother in Canada, a best friend in America or a daughter in Australia then taking equity release could enable you to organise the reunion of a lifetime.
If you are interested in using equity release to fund your retirement dreams, then contact one of our advisors on 0207 158 0881. You can also get an indication of how much money you may be able to release using our free equity release calculator.
For your benefit and protection we are fully regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Equity Release Calculator
Our equity release calculator is FREE and easy to use. Simply complete the form below.
Address Line 1:
We compare the whole market and recommend products from the following lenders
Most plans allow you to:
- Maintain 100% home ownership
- Unlock a tax-free lump sum of money
- Continue to live in your own home
- Make no monthly repayments
Why use our calculator?
- No time wasting – what you see is what you get. Our calculator is a one step process
- Instant results – the results of your calculation will be displayed as soon as you complete our one step process. We’ll even email you a copy
- Expert assistance – our equity release advisers are ready to answer any of your queries
- No pressure – at Money Release there’s never any pressure to proceed and no-obligation to commit to anything!
Money Release Limited is registered in England No. 09332792. Registered office: Harwood House, 43 Harwood Road, London, SW6 4QP.
Money Release Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA registered number 679004.
Equity release is not right for everyone and may involve a lifetime mortgage or home reversion plan. To understand the features and risks ask for a personalised illustration.
The content of this website is provided for information purposes only. Nothing within this website should be construed as investment advice and should not be relied upon.
The information contained within this website was obtained from sources believed to be reliable but no guarantee is given to its accuracy and completeness. Money Release Limited is under no obligation to update, modify or amend the information and it does not accept any liability for any loss or damage, however caused, arising from any errors, omissions, or reliance on any information or views contained in this website.