Equity Release: At a glance
Thousands of people over the age of 55 have already benefited from Equity Release but what is it and could you be entitled to release money from your home?
What is equity release?
Equity release enables people over the age of 55 to potentially release equity that is tied up in their homes. If you own your home outright or have a small mortgage there is a good chance that you could be entitled to release capital. There are two major types of equity release plan:
- The lifetime mortgage – this type of plan allows you to release either a lump sum or smaller agreed amounts from your home. This is the most popular form of equity release in the UK.
- A Reversion Plan – this type of plan allows you to sell between 25% and 100% of you home while living continuing to live in your property rent-free.
Is Equity Release regulated?
Yes, equity release is fully regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) offering you both protection and piece of mind.
What are the benefits of equity release?
- Flexibility – there are a number of different plans available meaning you can release your capital as you choose. Your advisor will help guide you through this process and assist you in choosing the plan that is right for you.
- Your home for life – your advisor can recommend a plan that enables you to remain in your home for the rest of your life. Most plans also enable you to move should you choose - as long as your new home meets the criteria set by your provider.
- Your estate wont be left in debt as a result of taking equity release – providers offer a no-negative equity guarantee meaning you will not be left owing more than the value of your home as a result of taking equity release.
To speak to one of our trusted advisors about your right to claim equity release and how it could benefit you call 0207 158 0881. You can also get an indication of the amount of capital you could release from your home by using our free equity release calculator.
Equity release is not right for everyone and you should always consult independent financial advice. Taking out equity release will reduce the value of your estate and may affect your ability to claim means-tested state benefits.
Equity Release Calculator
Our equity release calculator is FREE and easy to use. Simply complete the form below.
Address Line 1:
We compare the whole market and recommend products from the following lenders
Most plans allow you to:
- Maintain 100% home ownership
- Unlock a tax-free lump sum of money
- Continue to live in your own home
- Make no monthly repayments
Money Release Limited is registered in England No. 09332792. Registered office: Harwood House, 43 Harwood Road, London, SW6 4QP.
Money Release Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA registered number 679004.
Equity release is not right for everyone and may involve a lifetime mortgage or home reversion plan. To understand the features and risks ask for a personalised illustration.
The content of this website is provided for information purposes only. Nothing within this website should be construed as investment advice and should not be relied upon.
The information contained within this website was obtained from sources believed to be reliable but no guarantee is given to its accuracy and completeness. Money Release Limited is under no obligation to update, modify or amend the information and it does not accept any liability for any loss or damage, however caused, arising from any errors, omissions, or reliance on any information or views contained in this website.