Salary: £24,000 - £27,000 basic + Quarterly bonus (up to £4,000 per year)
We are looking to grow our team of case handlers to support our clients from mortgage applications to receiving their funds. You will be working closely with our equity release advisors, lenders, solicitors and regularly contacting customers to provide excellent service. Experience within financial services is preferable but not mandatory.
Our experienced team will support your development, and - should you wish - you will have the opportunity to attain financial advice qualifications.
Your initial six months will be spent in our head office, giving you time to learn our processes and learn from our experienced team. After which, you will be able to work remotely, in head office, or hybrid, by agreement.
As Case Handler you will need to have a proactive, calm and highly organised approach to managing your busy workload. Timely follow up activity, validation of information received whilst liaising with a variety of people, including, customers, solicitors, mortgage lenders and financial advisors make this a varied and interesting role. Great career opportunities available for the right candidate with enthusiasm, good IT skills and excellent customer care skills.
Core Responsibilities of the Case Handler:
- Manage lifetime mortgage cases from application through to completion
- Working within an FCA regulated environment to provide facts to clients but not advice
- Referring clients to the firm’s financial advisors where regulated advice is required
- Liaising with lenders, financial advisors, and client and lender solicitors
- Organise and prioritise individual caseloads in a timely manner
- Answering phone calls and emails promptly and responding to client queries to ensure positive client outcomes
- To work with team members to ensure the highest level of customer service is maintained at all times
- Requesting, chasing and obtaining official copies and documents as required by phone and email
- Checking redemption statements for penalties, shortfalls and sending copies to advisors and lenders
- Process all data and information in accordance with the company confidentiality procedures and data protection requirements
- Processing data accurately and effectively on the case management system
- Requesting official copies of documents from the Land Registry and dealing with any requisitions raised
Essential Skills and Experience of the Case Handler:
- Honed communication to include listening skills – patient, calm and friendly telephone manner
- Highly organised, able to manage a large workload
- Proven time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines
- Accurate keyboard skills and attention to detail
- Able to prioritise tasks effectively
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Thorough approach to work with good organisational skills
- Process driven and able to follow strict guidelines
- Team orientated, willing to help and support colleagues and not afraid to ask if you need help too!
Desirable Skills and Experience of the Case Handler:
- Experience within the financial services industry
- Mortgage and Equity Release knowledge would be advantageous
- Awareness of UK financial regulatory environment, and data protection guidelines
- Experience of Client Relationship Management (CRM) systems
9am – 6pm Monday to Friday
28 days’ holiday including bank/public holidays
Access to the company workplace pension
Access to Professional Development and Qualifications, e.g. CertCII (MP & ER)
Supportive environment with regular team meetings and reviews
To apply, please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will initially be conducted by telephone, with face-to-face for final discussions.
Back to all vacancies