This web-site is owned and operated by Money Release Limited whose registered address is: Harwood House, 43 Harwood Road, London, SW6 4QP and trading address is: 9 Linnet Gardens, Portishead, Bristol, BS20 7NB. We can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0207 158 0881 or 0200 100 6510. Money Release Limited is committed to protecting the privacy and security of Your personal information.
We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about You must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to You and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told You about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told You about.
- Kept securely.
In particular, You consent to us placing cookies or similar technologies on the machine You use to visit this web-site. More information about cookies is set out below.
Furthermore, You consent to us sharing Your data with carefully selected third parties who may contact You via electronic means (including SMS and email) about unspecified products and services.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on Your computer by web-sites that You visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
When You visit this web-site we may place cookies or other similar technologies which collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our websites.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about You:
- Date of Birth
- Telephone numbers, and personal email addresses
- National Insurance number
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Address
- Financial information
- Property information
- Policy preferences
- Bank account details
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about Your race or ethnicity, spoken language and nationality.
- Information about Your health, including any medical condition(s).
- Information about any offences or Criminal Convictions.
We collect personal information about You from when You make the initial enquiry, through the application process and until you stop using our services.
We will keep Your personal data confidential and only give it to others as set out below:-
- to our employees, agents and subcontractors, acting for us, to use for the purpose of providing the Services You have asked us to provide; to any third parties involved in assisting us provide the Services;
- to any regulatory authorities if required to do so;
- to carefully selected third parties.
When You appoint us to provide the Services and supply us with personal details, including, but not limited to, Your address, email address and contact telephone numbers, we process these personal details for the following purposes:-
to provide the Services to You (in particular, we must share Your personal data with third parties involved in assisting us to provide the Services;
to contact You about the Services;
to notify You of updates to our web-site;
to contact You, including via post, telephone, email and/or SMS, about other products or services Money Release believes may be of interest to You.
If You do not want us to contact You about other products and services that Money Release may offer then please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com. You will need to provide Your name and address so we can identify Your records.
We would also like to provide Your details to carefully selected third parties so that they can contact You via post, telephone, email and/or SMS about information and offers concerning their products and services. If You do not want us to share the information we collect in this way, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Special categories” of particularly sensitive personal information require higher levels of protection. We need to have further justification for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information. We have in place an appropriate policy document and safeguards which we are required by law to maintain when processing such data. We may process special categories of personal information in the following circumstances:
- In limited circumstances, with Your explicit written consent.
- Where we need to carry out our legal obligations or exercise rights in connection with Your application.
Less commonly, we may process this type of information where it is needed in relation to legal claims, or where it is needed to protect Your interests (or someone else’s interests) and You are not capable of giving consent, or where You have already made the information public.
”Third parties” includes third-party service providers (including contractors and designated agents), regulatory bodies, lenders, surveyors, solicitors, product sourcing providers, anti-money laundering services, selected trusted partners and other entities within our group. The following third-party service providers process personal information about you for the following purposes:
- Regulatory bodies – for ensuring compliance
- Lenders – to provide access to their services, provide personalised illustrations, submitting and processing applications
- Surveyors – to seek professional guidance in relation to your property
- Solicitors – to provide access to their services, work with Money Release to enable processing of conveyance work instructed on your behalf
- Product sourcing providers – to allow sourcing of products that meet your eligibility and requirements
- Anti-money laundering services – to allow for anti-money laundering checks
- Selected trusted partners – for example other financial advisors, who provide services outside our scope
We will only retain Your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. We follow legal guidelines for retention of personal information. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of Your personal data, the purposes for which we process Your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise Your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with You, in which case we may use such information without further notice to You. Once you are no longer benefiting from our services, as is appropriate, we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy and applicable laws and regulations.
Third party links
if You follow a link from one of our web-sites to a third party web-site we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for those sites. Third party websites will have their own terms and privacy policies so please read them carefully. Further, we cannot be held responsible for the services or representations of third parties.
Rights of Access, Correction, Erasure and Restriction
It is important that the personal information we hold about You is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if Your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Under certain circumstances, by law You have the right to:
- Request access to Your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables You to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about You and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about You. This enables You to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about You corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables You to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove Your personal information where You have exercised Your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of Your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about Your particular situation which makes You want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing Your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of Your personal information. This enables You to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about You, for example if You want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your personal information to another party.
Right to Withdraw Consent
In the limited circumstances where You may have provided Your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of Your personal information for a specific purpose, You have the right to withdraw Your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw Your consent, please contact us in writing. Once we have received notification that You have withdrawn Your consent, we will no longer process Your information for the purpose or purposes You originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.