Equity Release Advisor
Salary: £55,000 OTE. £25,000 - 35,000 basic + uncapped commission
We are looking for a full-time advisor to join our employed equity release advice team. Mortgage qualifications and six months of advice experience are necessary, and equity release advice qualifications are prefered.
Our financial advice is predominantly offered by telephone and zoom to clients aged 55+ throughout the UK.
Your initial six months will be spent in our head office, giving you time to learn our processes and learn from our experienced team. After which, you will be able to work remotely, in head office, or hybrid, by agreement.
All our equity release advisors are provided with warm leads and pre-qualified appointments.
Core Responsibilities of an Equity Release Advisor:
- Conducting Fact Find meetings with prospective clients over the phone and video calls (eg Zoom)
- Researching equity release plans to recommend to clients
- Conducting separate recommendation meetings with prospective clients
- Preparing full equity release advice packs for prospective clients in line with company best practices
- Contacting clients during the equity release application process where additional advice is required (eg upon up/down valuation of their property)
- Obtaining and maintaining CAS status
- Process all data and information in accordance with the company confidentiality procedures and data protection requirements
- Processing data accurately and effectively on the case management system
- Ensuring that competence to provide advice is maintained, and a programme of CPD is undertaken and documented
- Adhering at all times to the principles of the fair treatment of customers
Essential Skills and Experience of an Equity Release Advisor:
- A minimum of 6 months of experience as a financial services advisor (eg mortgage advisor, equity release advisor).
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP) or equivalent
- Honed communication to include listening skills – patient, calm and friendly telephone manner
- Accurate keyboard skills and attention to detail
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Team orientated, willing to help and support colleagues and not afraid to ask if you need help too!
Desirable Skills and Experience of an Equity Release Advisor:
- Certificate in Regulated Equity Release (CeRER) or equivalent
- Experience with providing regulated advice within the equity release industry
9am – 6pm Monday to Friday
28 days’ holiday including bank/public holidays
Access to the company workplace pension
Access to Professional Development and Qualifications, e.g. CII Level 4 Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning
Supportive environment with regular team meetings and reviews
To apply, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. Interviews will initially be conducted by telephone, with face-to-face for final discussions.
Back to all vacancies